As you probably know you can create advanced profiles in Panda with custom commands to optimize your workflow. Since we are constantly improving our encoding tools an update could sometimes result in custom commands not working properly. Backwards compatibility can be tough to manage but we want to make sure we give you a way to handle this.
That’s why we made possible to specify which stack to use when creating new profile. Unfortunately, the newest one – corepack-3 – used to have only one tool, ffmpeg. It was obviously not enough and had to be fixed so we extended the list.
What’s in there you ask? Here’s short summary:
- FFmpeg – a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
- Lame – high quality MPEG Audio Layer III (MP3) encoder.
- MEncoder – another video encoder built from the same code as MPlayer.
- Segmenter – Panda’s own segmenter that divides input file into smaller parts for HLS playlists.
- Manifester – used to create m3u8 manifest files.
- QtFaststart – improves network streaming by moving the moov atom in front of the data.
- QtRotate – helps to detect and return rotation angle for MP4 files
- Yamdi – metadata injector for FLV files.
- MP4Box – tool for manipulating multimedia files (you could use it to optimize your video for streaming)
Of course, this list is not closed and we’ll be adding more tools as we go along. So, what would you like to see here?